- Where To Bike/Walk
- About P.A.C.E.
- Being Safe
- Moving Forward
- Commuter Cup Challenge
Bike/Walk to School
Wed, October 5th 2011 is International Walk/Bike to School Day
Local schools participating in 2011:
- Sierra Vista Elementary
- Skyview Middle School See how successful the 2010 day was at Skyview!!
- Pueblo West High School
- Schools state-wide participating
Why Promote Walking and Bicycling to school?
Communities are using the walk or bike to school day as the first step to change community culture and create environments that are more inviting for everyone, young and old. Here are some reasons to support walking and biking to school:
Why walking or biking to school matters:
- To enhance the health of kids: Increased physical activity can combat a host of health problems facing kids today.
- To improve air quality and the environment: Replacing car trips to school with walking or bicycling can help reduce air pollution.
- To create safer routes for walking and bicycling: Sidewalks, education programs and traffic calming measures are some of the ways to improve conditions.