- Where To Bike/Walk
- About P.A.C.E.
- Being Safe
- Moving Forward
- Commuter Cup Challenge
Commuter Cup and Pueblo Health Challenge
Free, fun challenge for Pueblo County residents to get more active and try walking and biking more!
- Commuter Cup Registration closed for 2012. But you can still track commutes year round through Health Challenge!
- Track your effort - download the Xcel spreadsheet and track your exercise, commute miles and car trips avoided as well as volunteer and wellness class time. You can also just track it on any calendar to report at the end of the month. This is a SAMPLE of the form you will fill out at the end of the month.
- Log Your Results - link was activated and emailed to registered participants during reporting time for the challenge
- VIEW 2012 Commuter Cup Challenge Results
The 3rd Annual Pueblo Commuter Cup encourages residents to try walking or biking more especially for transportation.
- What: Instead of always jumping in the car to drive everywhere, just step out your front door or throw your leg over your bike and go by human power! Any individual can join, just pick your employer or employment status when you register for the team challenge.
- When: the actual Commuter Challenge is during May (National Bike Month) and June (Colorado Bike Month) for prizes and trophies at Farmer's Market on Thursday, July 5th. But keep it going as long as you like and submit data to the Pueblo Health Challenge for commuting, walking and biking for more prizes.
- Why: Because it's a fun way to get around, it is healthy for you, the environment, can save you money on gas, save you time by building exercise into your day and it improves safety for all cyclists and pedestrians by improving our visibility to motorists. The data collected can be used to justify grants and funding for more bike lanes, trail connections and pedestrian improvements.
- Cost: totally free, this is just a fun, friendly community challenge to make Pueblo more bike and pedestrian friendly and healthy. Prizes are donated or provided by sponsors. If you want to offer a prize donation contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to get involved: Start walking and riding on May 1st or as soon as you hear about this! Consider taking the 30+1 day challenge to ride your bike every day in May, just even around the block! Ride or walk to work, to the store, library, restaurant and track your mileage to report at the end of the month. Click the link to register and see if your employer is listed as a team , register yourself when you have a employer status and you'll get periodic emails. Like us on Facebook and get more updates and reminders!
The Commuter Cup is built into the new ongoing Pueblo Health Challenge (also includes YMCA Corporate Cup Challenge) so you can keep logging your data and demonstrating the need for bike lanes all year long!
There is also a brand new National Bike Challenge starting May 1st until September 1st. Submit your miles both places to demonstrate our mighty numbers and possibly win prizes. Our local challenge helps us justify infrastructure improvements for funding! The National Challenge is trying to get Americans to log 10 million miles but will only list participants by state!
|2012 Commuter Cup log.xls||213.5 KB|