- Where To Bike/Walk
- About P.A.C.E.
- Being Safe
- Moving Forward
- Commuter Cup Challenge
2013 Pueblo Commuter Cup Challenge
The 4th Annual Pueblo Commuter Cup Challenge joined the
2013 National Bike Challenge to put Pueblo on the map!
- Join the National Bike Challenge through Edmondo and your data will automatically be included in the "Pueblo County community challenge" if you enter a valid Pueblo County zip code. Registration can be tricky so here are some tips.
- First person at your worksite to register will be the company team leader. All they have to do is share the correct spelling of the worksite team and promote the challenge to others to join.
- You can also start a social team with friends, family, club or team members. Again, the first person to register is the team leader. An interesting rivalry to watch will be Southern Colorado Triathlon Club vs. Southern Colorado Cyclists.
National Bike Challenge advantages:
- Quick, easy online data submission that updates statistics every few minutes!
- Smart phone app from Endmondo makes data tracking and submission super easy!
- Tracks miles ridden on bicycle outdoors. It does not count indoor trainers, spinning bikes-get outside and ride! Each day you can submit miles for traveling (commuting-not using a car to go somewhere), sport or mountain biking or all three if you do all three! Each day you ride earns 20 points plus one point for every mile ridden.
- Website displays distance ridden, how many calories burned, how many dollars and CO2 saved for commute trips by individual, worksite, team and community.
- Click on the "LeaderBoard" at the top and you can easily view other participant data, team data, worksite data and community data!
- It's FREE and participants are eligible for national prizes as well as local prizes!
- Allows for fun, friendly competition locally and nationally! Will also provide much needed data for pursuing grants for improvements for cycling in Pueblo County. Pueblo will compete against similar demographic communities for a $500 bicycle advocacy grant so your data matters! This data is very difficult to capture to show state, county and city leaders people really do ride here and funding for bicycle infrastructure is a wise and necessary investment.
Local Pueblo County Challenge: Local challenge will emphasize commuting in May and June (National and Colorado Bike months) with point system shown below. But monthly prizes will continue July through September as random drawings based on total points and other options to spread the cycling cheer and thank participants for riding and submitting data.
May and June local challenge point system: Individuals and worksites compete for the most points based on Commute miles submitted and participation at Bike to Work events.
Pueblo Commuter Cup Point system (we can only download total miles, duration, calories, trips, points, CO2 savings, dollars saved, cannot download commute miles specifically):
- 1 point for every dollar saved on gas because you rode those miles instead of drove a car. Not sure what the national website formula is for "dollars saved" but appears based on number commute trips and miles (savings seems quite exaggerated but will still provide consistent and fair comparison between commuting participants. Data tests roughly equal just under 0.5 points per commute mile).
- 5 points for signing in at Bike from Work Happy Hour on May 2nd
- 5 points for signing in at each breakfast stop on Colorado Bike to Work Day on June 26th.
- 0.1 points for total points accrued on the national challenge: we want to include all cyclists and realize not everyone has the opportunity or schedule allowing them to commute to work, the store or library. You earn 20 points each day you ride and a point for every mile ridden so points add up quickly.
- Three divisions of companies compete for the traveling trophy and individual awards and prizes just like in previous years.
- Worksite Teams are divided into three divisions based on the number of employees. A team leader needs to be identified to provide some team support, deliver prizes and provide employer demographics. Email email@example.com to connect your team to the local challenge.